Saturday, November 15, 2008

Details for self-introduction

Here’s some stuff to help with the jikou shoukai (self introduction):

Nihongo de…

Eigo de…

Hajime mashite

Nice to meet you (not literal)

Watashi wa ____________ desu

I am ________

Dene/Ruth/Rachel:

O-sutoraria kara kimashita

 

I come from Australia

Jono/Serene:

Umare mo, sodachi mo, Mare-shia /Singaporu desu.

Ima wa, O-sutoraria de benkyoushiteimasu.

 

I was born and raised in Malaysia/Singapore.

At the moment I study in Australia

Joyce:

Mare-shia de umare, O-sutoraria de sodachimashita. OR, more symmetrically: Umare wa Mare-shia desu, sodachi wa O-sutoraria desu

 

I was born in Malaysia and raised in Australia

Students:

 

 

I am studying _________

Dene:

Daigaku de, Kirisutokyo no senkyoushi o shiteimasu

 

I’m a Christian missionary/teacher in the uni.

Rachel:

 

 

I’m a mother and a part-time uni lecturer

 

We’re visiting Japan to learn more about your country and encourage the Christians we meet

Douzo yoroshiku onegai shimasu

I look forward to our relationship

As you learn more Japanese you may want to add it to your jikou shoukai. For example you might want to say how many there are in your family, or that you like listening to Britney Spears.

2 comments:

  1. lol yay for posting at exactly the same time! should get some sleep sometime tho :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeh Jono's britney spears addiction :P

    ReplyDelete